Friday, April 25, 2008

Week In Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

The Boston marathon took place on Monday. My friend Erin reminded of the time that I wanted to run the marathon "as a gesture of love". I don't remember that but I do remember the time that I got chased by a stray dog and went off course during a half marathon, the time I got beat by a parapalegic, the time that I got beat by a 89 year old man, and the time that I missed a day of school recovering from a 5 mile run.

I don't know what the big deal was about the Pope visiting New York. Every day there are hundreds of people walking the streets of Manhattan who claim to talk to God. They're called homeless people.The Pope even held mass at Yankee Stadium. I've heard of Angels in the outfield but never clergymen in the dugout!!! Let's just hope that the bat boy wasn't nearby at the time.

The thing that gets me the most about religion is how unrealistic everything is. Do you really expect me to believe that Moses parted the red sea or that it really rained locusts? In Judiasm there is even a belief that the Jewish people ate manna during their exodus from Egypt which according to legend tasted like whatever you imagined it to. For example, if you wanted steak you could just imagine it to be there. Come on now. I of all people know that it's impossible to imagine what you want. Trust me. I've been trying to imagine a girlfriend for the last seven years. It doesn't work.

Speaking of steak I went to a Portugese restaurant on Friday night that serves all you can eat meat. It's a great concept but failed to live up to expectations. Which gives it something in common with a skit on Saturday Night Live.

I went to the Yankees-Red Sox game last week as part of a Northeastern alumni event. The highlight of the game was when a fan got thrown out for taking off a cop's hat and throwing it. And to think that some people actually think that baseball is boring!

CNN anchor Richard Quest was arrested last weekend in Central Park after being found with a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals. Kind of puts Larry King and his suspenders in a new light doesn't it?

I wonder if I can get drafted in the NFL Draft if I change my last name to Long?

No comments: