Saturday, May 10, 2008

Summer Movie Preview

Here's a look at some of the big movies coming out this summer:

1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: After the first Indiana Jones movie came out I went out and bought an official Indy whip!!! I thought it was the coolest thing ever and I was going around my house whipping everything in sight. Until I tried to latch onto a tree branch and got the whip stuck in a tree! I couldn't get in down and I still don't think I've ever fully recovered from that traumatic expereince. Combine that with the time that I bought a toy Pirates of the Caribbean sword at Disney World and promptly broke it when I tried to stick into the ground and its no wonder that I'm as messed up as I am. What any of that has to do with the movie I don't know. I'm sure it'll be worth seeing.

2. Iron Man: Seems to have gotten good reviews so far. But then again it is a comic book movie and it is starring Robert Downey Jr. You might like it but I have zero interest in seeing it after witnessing the carnage that was the Fantastic Four and the Incredible Hulk.

3. Sex and the City movie: For the first time in my life I'm actually glad that I don't have a girlfriend right now.

4. Pineapple Express: If it's made by Judd Apatow and company it's worth seeing. Although I have to admit that this movie about a pair of stoners on the run after witnessing a murder looks like it may have been better left on the editing room floor. Oh, who am I kidding. I'll be there on opening night just like everyone else.

5. Hancock: If it has Will Smith in it and it comes out during the summer time I'm probably going to see it. Independence Day, Bad Boys, I am Legend, I Robot, Men in Black - Smith is the top actor in Hollywood for summer blockbusters. But is he a big enough box office draw to make me want to go see Hancock, which looks like it could be another Wild Wild West? Most likely.

6. The Dark Knight: I don't think I can go see this movie. I'm kind of crept out watching anything that has Heath Ledger in it right now. Seriously I can't even watch my limited edition director's cut "Ten Things I Hate About You" DVD anymore.

7. You Don't Mess with the Zohan: This movie looks horrible but I can't wait for it come out just so that when it does I can start saying You Don't Mess with the Johan Santana.

8. Tropic Thunder: This Ben Stiller flick hasn't been getting a lot of publicity but I think it could be the surprise hit of the summer. After all, what's not to like about a movie starring Stiller and the aforementioned Downey Jr. as a black guy.

9. The Sister of the Travelling Pants 2: It's time like these that I wish I had a girlfriend. Then I could go see this movie and just say that my girlfriend made me go see it.

10. The Happening: M. Night Shyamalan plus Marky Mark equals box office gold. Like with any M. Night production I have no idea what this movie is about. But it actually looks cool.

No comments: