Saturday, May 10, 2008

Week In Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

Wesley Snipes was sentenced to three years in jail for tax evasion. I wonder if this means that he'll now be playing CF for a team in the California Penal League?

Props to the Daily News for also making fun of Snipes but doing it even better than I could. In their Sunday edition three weeks ago they first wondered if Snipes was going to nail a pair of batting gloves to the wall for each day he's in prison. They then wondered if Omar Epps was available to take his place after the first year.

First 3rd Rock from the Sun and now 30 Rock. What is NBC contractually obligated to have a sitcom with the number 3 and the word rock in the title at all times?

Speaking of NBC why doens't Friday Night Lights air on Friday night?

MTV now has a reality tv show about a high school newspaper. I wish they had this when I was the sports editor of the Sider Press! I could have fulfilled my life long dream of being on a reality tv show!

You can't tell me that McDonald's doesn't try to market to kids. The McDonald's in my town was recently renovated and now includes a flat screen tv. The tv plays the Cartoon Network 24/7.

If something costs zero dollars plus tax how much does it cost? While you ponder that I thought it was worth mentioning that there are two things in my life that I just suck at. Well more than two but two that I really suck at. Math, specifically percentages. And trying to remember the difference between a conservative and liberal. And yes I was a political science major in college.

Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez reportedly passed out during the birth of his first child. We already knew that AROD couldn't deliver in the clutch but apparently he can't deliver in the hospital either.

No comments: