Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hey! You stole my idea!

The other day I went on a date (yea, that's right) to the South Street Seaport and we wound up going to this new beachfront area that they designed. And by beachfront I mean a giant sand box with picnic benches and a bar. Oh, and a 7 hole mini-golf course that looks like something you could have made in your backyard with left over pizza boxes and beer cans. It's actually a cool spot and a really good idea. The only problem is that they stole it from me!!!

The idea of putting an artificial, man made beach in major metropolitan areas is something that I came up with three years ago! Although I would have made a much larger beach complete with a wave pool.

A part of me is glad that someone thought to implement this "water taxi beach". But then again another part of me is jealous that I didn't get to do it. I have a whole book of ideas that I'm just dying to implement but the only problem is that I don't even know where to get started. I don't have the time or money to patent all of the ideas or really to sit down and develop them to the point of implentation. I know this sounds like sour grapes and I apologize for that but I just wanted to vent because it's frustrating that all of my ideas are getting stolen!

I can't even go to the movies anymore without seeing something that I thought of. Everyone loved the Hangover and rightfully so. Except for the fact that my friend and I thought of it 3 years ago. It was going to be called Guys Night Out. I give the guys behind the Hangover props because they came up with some funny scenarios that we would have never thought of such as the whole Mike Tyson singing cameo. But our plot and twist ending was 10000x better.

I guess I should use these examples as motivation to actually start pursuing the implentation of some of my ideas. After all, there's solid proof out there that I have good ideas that people would be receptive to. But then again I'm not sure I really want to waste all my free time developing athiestdate.com.







Come on, you could do better than that!

1 comment:

KevFDev said...

I think we all know how that date ended.