Thursday, May 04, 2006

Softball Is Back!!!!!

After seven long months I'm finally ready to return to a softball field for the first time since my infamous ninth inning meltdown in the playoffs last fall. In case you haven't heard the story yet I was handed a five run lead in the top of the 9th after we batted around to regain the lead in a back and forth game. I got the first two outs quickly and then proceeded to walk 7 people eventually caughing up the lead on a bases loaded single. It was a disgraceful performance and I thought that I would never play softball ever again.

But the temptation to return to the old stomping ground was just too strong. When presented with the opportunity to play on a coed team for jewish singles I jumped at the opportunity. Our first game is on Sunday but tonight we have our first practice. I can't wait to meet the people on my team and show them what I can do. Hopefully, my reputation won't proceed me like it did the time I did stand up comedy and a bunch of people got up and left before I even started talking.

Speaking of comedy playing in a co-ed league is going to be a riot. Not because the girls will suck and I will laugh at them. But because the girls will be better than me and everybody will laugh at me. But hey I'm okay with that because I'm just happy to be on the field again. I just hope that I don't have to pitch.

No comments: