Saturday, May 20, 2006

Week In Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

I wonder if FSU students drink Gatorade or do they really hate the Florida Gators that much that they only drink Powerade?

Attendance at Marlins games is so bad that they can't even get a wave going. Just a wake.

Whatever happened to that other guy from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure?

It's definitely very awkward whenever you're talking to a girl or guy that you like on the phone after you first meet them and due to a bad reception you are having trouble hearing them. The entire conversation just consists of the two of you coming up with different ways to say that you can't hear what they said. That's almost as awkward as when you're eating alone and someone comes up to you and asks you if anyone is sitting there. You think they are asking because they want to sit with you so you get all excited that you're going to have some company and then they just take your chair and bring it over to another table.

To me, there's nothing better than drunken time travel. You'll be out with your friends having a good time around 1 am and the next thing you know you're in Taco Bell at 4 am. So you turn to your friends and ask, 'how the fuck did I get here?' Then you ask them what you did that night and they reply that you all went to this hot club called Pangia. And you're just like dammit I really wanted to go there. They look at you and say, 'but you were there.' To which you respond, 'yeah but if I can't remember it doesn't count.' So of course you then have to ask them if you were talking to any hot girls. And when they say that you were talking to a hot blonde you're like, 'yes!'

Dave Attel had a great line in this month's Stuff magazine saying, "temping is like being an extra in a really bad movie. No one will talk to you and whenever someone goes postal you're always the first to get shot."

I had a great line myself at last week's softball game when after the shortstop said that he was upset that he didn't get any action in the field I said, "sounds like my sex life."

If I was Chris Berman and had to come up with a nickname for Barbaro I would go with, "Conan the Barbaro."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is this shortstop you speak of?

Craig Shames said...

He shall rename nameless because I don't think he would want me to say his name but I will say that his name sounds like something that tastes better when dipped in milk.