Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Is New York Following Me?

I moved to Florida two months ago and yet everywhere I look I still see New York. And I mean everywhere. I'm talking about on tv, in my office, around my apartment, on the side of milk cartons, on the faces of babies, etc. Literally everywhere and anywhere that is somewhere. It's like I never left.

In fact, there are so many signs of New York in and around me that I'm beginning to think that it's following me. Consider the following:

1. Sid Rosenberg was a sports talk show host in New York before gambling problems got him kicked off the air at WFAN. I thought I had heard the last of him until, much to my shock, I heard him on my lunchbreak since he's now the new lunchtime host on 790 am The Ticket. Small world? Or part of a larger conspiracy to make sure that I can't escape New York?

2. As if having a radio host follow me wasn't bad enough I also have the pleasure of now driving to work to the sound of an entire morning show that sounds all too familar. That's because the Z100 morning zoo is now gracing the airwaves of Y100. I'm not sure if it's still based out of New York and is now just a nationally syndicated radiot station or if it's simply picked up and moved all the way to Miami where one of their hosts, Catalina, is originally from. All I know is that this is another example of how New York is following me!

3. Everyone I've met so far is a New York transplant. That includes several people at work, my roommate obviously and four people on my softball team! Now that's not just a case of living in New York South where one should expect to meet a lot of people from New York. That's borderline crazy.

Now what say you to that?

No comments: