Thursday, June 01, 2006

Hurricane Season Is Here!

Hurricane season is officially upon us and that can only mean one thing: I just shitted myself. Now I'm not worried about the devastating affects that Mother Nature can stir up. Sustained winds of 150 mph, flash floods, and storm surges are like a walk in the park to me. I could care less about that stuff or potential damage to my car, apartment, and personal affects.

Rather there are two things that I'm worried about:

1. Having a hurricane knock out the power and take out my ability to blog. Now that would be a tragedy if I ever saw one. After blogging for over one year straight I may finally miss a day and that is unacceptable. So much so that I'm actually thinking about moving back to New York before the first hurricane hits landfall this summer.

2. Having a hurricane cancel softball games. This could happen in one of two ways. Either rainbands from a distant hurricane cause the cancellation of any one game. Or a hurricane that hits Broward County damages the fields and cancels the whole season. Now that would truly be disastrous since that's my only chance to meet girls right now. And without softball I would have to rejoin Jdate. And we just can't have that.

No comments: