Saturday, June 10, 2006

Week In Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

As you well know there are the three s' of getting ready: shitting, shaving, and showering. Well I also have the three s' of what I look for in a girl and they are that the girl can't snore or smoke and has to be shorter than me.

My cousin Paige gave birth to a baby girl on Monday and my first thought was, 'yes! Now I'm going to be an Uncle!" And then I realized that when your cousin has a baby you're not an uncle just a second cousin.

Speaking of being an uncle I think it's weird to call relatives by formal prefixes. I've never done it and I don't want my neices and nephews to call me Uncle Craig. That just sounds weird. I prefer that they call me Craigala like everyone else within earshot of my mom does after she says good bye to me in public.

The babies name by the way is Madden, which is probably short for Madeline. However, it's interesting how girls and guys differ in how they look at things. For example, when I heard what the name was I immediately thought of John Madden and football. My sister on the other hand immediately thought of Madden shoes.

I hate when people try to tell me that I'm not sick and that I'm just congested or suffering from allergies. Fuck you. I've got a whole pile of mucus filled tissues that say otherwise. Those people are the same people who think that girls don't fart they pass gas or they don't sweat they perspire. Please. I'm sick when I say I'm sick and that's the bottom line.

I think it's ironic when people say, 'you know what I'm talking about' after every sentence. Because half the time no one knows what they are talking about.

What to talk about freaky coincidences? Well on Tuesday it was 6-6-06 and the Los Angeles Angels played the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

As always the Twilight Zone appeared throughout the week. The weirdest example this week occurred at work when I was editing a book about algorithms just as the talk show host on the radio was talking about Al Gore.

2 comments:

M-Tone said...

Craig,
First, sorry there was no formal bye when you left this weekend. Hope you had fund.
Secondly, I have been on a 6 month hiatus from your blog but that blog is great. The irony of people saying you knwo what i'm saying and the irony of the angels playing the devil rays on 6-6-06. If you were the one who thought of that, that's great. If not, that's okay too, thanks for brining it to my attention.

Craig Shames said...

Hey don't worry about the formal goodbye. We never had one the first time I left. As for the blog, thanks for your props but a six month hiatus is unacceptable! This shit is getting updated every day son. Miss a day and you miss a whole lot.