Friday, June 16, 2006

Weekly Twilight Zone Update

The craziness continues and this week it crosses the line as Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger gets into a motorcycle accident and breaks his nose and jaw, injures his knees, and gets a gash on the back of his head. This after Roethlisberger made an appearance on Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN radio earlier that day to talk about, well, nothing. Which bothered me for some strange reason and I said to myself, 'I can't stand it when people appear on talk shows for no apparent reason. If Roethlisberger is going to be in the news it damn well better be for a good reason." Six hours later he had got into a car accident while on his motorcycle. I think I may have caused that accident.

Other strange coincidences this past week include:

Brian making a joke on Wednesday night about Bed, Bath, and Beyond as an obvious reference to the movie Old School. Later that night I found a coupon to Bed, Bath, and Beyond that had come in the mail earlier in the week.

Brian also started doing an Andrew Dice Clay impersonation for his comedy routine. Then during work on Thursday I heard for the very first time on the comedy podcast that I listen to a bit by, none other than, Andrew Dice Clay. I swear that I had never heard him before until Brian mentioned him and then the very next day he suddenly appears.

Even more Chris O'Donnell references. It all started about a month ago when the Twilight Zone first started appearing. I dreamnt that I was on Jeopardy and the final jeopardy answer was Chris O'Donnell. That next morning I turned on the tv while getting ready, something I never do, and at that exact moment Chris O'Donnell appeared on screen in the movie the Three Musketeers. Since then there have been two more O'Donnell references. Last week I was in the book store buying 'Bad Twin' which is a tie in to 'Lost' and two people ahead of me on line were talking about Chris O'Donnell for some strange reason. Then at work this past Friday he appeared on the cover of a magazine in the lunch room because he is going to be a new doctor on Grey's Anatomy. What's up with all this Chris O'Donnell business?

And as always there is usually an actual reference to the Twilight Zone each week and this week while watching an ECW event there was a promo for a couple of episodes of the Twilight Zone that were going to be airong in the SciFi channel. Interesting.

No comments: