Monday, May 08, 2006

Softball Week One Recap

Well, it wasn't pretty. In my return to the mound I struggled with walks again giving up 8 runs over 4 innings including a grand slam that followed 2 walks. All in all, I probably walked 5 people including one girl and one guy before a girl which since they think you are trying to pitch around that hitter is a two base walk.

When I did get the ball over the plate I was effective inducing all ground ball outs. It was just that I couldn't get the ball over consistently enough since it was a different type of ball than I'm used to using and I couldn't get a good grip on it. At least that's the excuse I'm going with this time. Trust me that excuse sounds better than the other one I was thinking of using which was to blame last year's hurricanes.

The rest of the team didn't far so well either as we probably made about 20 errors losing 17-10. But we'll just call that rust. We'll get them next time.

No comments: