Thursday, November 10, 2005

Florida, Here I Come!......Maybe

Since I change my mind more than John Kerry it's only appropriate that I have suddenly changed course yet again like some kind of lost fishing boat in the mid-Atlantic. Now, after previously giving up on the idea of becoming a teacher I have revisited the possibliity of not just teaching but moving to Florida to do so.

Shocking I know. But Florida has a program where you can take a subject test and get certified to teach in the field you studied as an undergraduate. Which for me would be Social Studies. My main drawback to teaching was that without any undergraduate classes it would take close to five years to first get the initial certification and then a masters degree. But if I can take one test, move to Florida, and start teaching and coaching right away, I would do it in a heart beat.

Plus there's no snow in Florida, plenty of hot girls, and of course Brian B. Sounds like a great deal to me. And all it took was the matchmaking services of one lone Ohio girl to make me think about the possibility again. So random.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Craig. I also majored in history and am taking a program called the MAT which, in 1.5 years I will be certified to teach adolescent education in social studies and have a masters. And as you know, a masters degree in teaching in New York State is good in every other state in the country.

Just thought i'd let you know that five years is not necessary to wait, when you can just take a year of classes and a semester of student teaching and be certified!