Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Special Guest Blogger: Brian 'I'm a Hero' Berkowicz

First Alex Rodriguez pulls a kid out from in front of a passing car. Then Nomar Garciaparra goes fishing and saves two people from drowning in Boston Harbor. And now yet another star athlete, Brian Berkowicz, has joined their ranks. Here is his story:


So late Monday night I'm driving home on the Turnpike coming from the Hard Rock after a night of practicing my routine. It's raining, I wouldn't say pouring but an umbrella or rain coat would be highly recommended. I'm about a mile passed the Toll Plaza just north of the Comercial exit. Driving in the left lane is a truck, driving in the middle lane was a Matrix, they were pretty much dead even. If it was a race I'd say it was neck and neck. So the Matrix pulls ahead and then spins out of control into the left lane right in front of the truck. The truck and car then hit the barrier and the truck goes full speed to the right, perpindicular to the highway. It flies through the barrier and flips down a hill. I quickly pull over to see the guy in the Matrix is fine, out of his car and on his cell phone. Apparntley he had a booty call. So I'm on the phone with 911 running full speed down a mud hill. I must give credit to Nike for making running shoes with such great traction. So the guy in the truck is concious and obviously hurt. I'm all calm with him but I'm talking about 1000 words a minute to the cops on my cell phone. It was a mix between Barry White and a whining teenage girl whose parents just took away their cell phone. I directed 911 to get the medics to the accident, luckily they understood my ranting. I'm awaiting to hear from the investigator, hopefully he'll have news on how the guy is doing. What a night, there's no way I can get to bed.

No comments: