Sunday, November 13, 2005

I'm a Choke Artist

So I was thinking of creating a new blog called www.imachokeartist.blogspot.com. I don't know what else to say other than that.

I had a five run lead in the bottom of the ninth inning with a chance to send us to the championship game and I gave up a six spot. Simply put I choked, joining B.K. Kim in the 2001 World Series, the 1986 Boston Red Sox, and the Knicks against the Reggie Miller led Pacers as the greatest choke artists of all time.

If anyone else is thinking of blaming themselves or second guessing themselves don't. If you're thinking of putting up an away message that says the Gamers suck don't. Every single one of you played your hearts out, rallying from a 9-1 deficit to take a 16-11 lead into the last inning. That seven run rally in the top of the ninth was symbolic of how gritty of a team we are. No one should hang their heads after that comeback. No one except for me.

Now I'm not looking for any sympathy here. I'm just looking to absolve everyone else of blame and put this on my shoulders. I just couldn't find the strike zone, for whatever reason, when it mattered most and for that I apologize to everyone.

Hopefully, you guys will stay together and give it another go next summer. (I'm probably moving so I won't be around). If not, just know that we had a solid three season run at it and it just didn't work out. But no matter what happens from here on out no one should feel bad.

In closing, I just want to say that you all were great teammates to me. With all the bickering that went on between me, Billy, and Kheel I didn't deserve to still have all of your support. But when I showed up today thats exactly what I received. And even though it didn't work out it was good to know that everyone was on the same page and in the end that's all that really matters.

1 comment:

M-Tone said...

well put