Saturday, March 18, 2006

St. Patty's Day

It may be a day late but here are some of my random St. Patrick's day related thoughts:

First off, I wonder what Saint Patrick thinks about his name becoming associated with drunken debauchery. I'm willing to bet that about 75% of the people in bars last night had no idea who Saint Patrick was, what he did, or why they were even celebrating.

Speaking of bars we were comparing work to prison yesterday in the office and reasoned that they are very similar except in that in prison you spent all your time wanting to get out from behind bars where as at work you spent all your time wanting to get out and into bars.

Seriously why does every name start with O. O'Brien, O'Patrick, O'Toole, etc. Do Irish people really have that much sex?

In fact, I'm surprised they haven't changed the name of the holiday to St. O'Patrick's Day.

According to rumors excessive alcohol consumption and not exposure to the sun or genetics leads to a person getting freckles.

If I were Irish I would have been ex-communicated for not being able to do a shot.

People who wear green on St. Patrick's day are just as bad as the people who were red on Valentine's Day or Red, White, and Blue on the Fourth of July.

I would like to dispute the fact that four leaf clovers bring you luck. I found one once during a camp scavenger hunt and as you can tell by my sex life, bank account, and resume I've been on a great roll ever since.

If there was ever anybody who would follow a rainbow to try and see if there is a pot of gold at the bottom it would be Russell.

No comments: