Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What I'll Miss

As I begin to get ready to set out on my big journey to Florida I've found that I liked New York a whole lot more than I ever realized. There's a lot about the Big Apple that I'm going to miss and a little bit that I won't so fittingly here's a few lists describing my rollercoaster of emotions.

Things I'll Miss

The pizza
The bagels
The homemade Roast Beef
The YES Network i.e. the ability to watch Yankees games
All things cliche i.e. family, and friends
Rocky
The change of seasons
Gamers softball
Going to the beach
Playing stickball
The New York Daily News
The crazy band of temps

Things I won't miss

Homeless people asking for money on the subway
Sewer rats
The fear of terrorism
The bitter cold
Shovelling snow
Annoying Mets fans (you know who you are)
The fast pace
The LIRR and a 3 hour commute to work
The smell of the Oceanside Dump and New Jersey
Creepy crawlers in my basement
"Long Island trash"

But most importantly it's all about friendship. So to all my New York buddies....

Brian M: I'm definitely going to miss being the third wheel, destroying you in our hardcore matches, and 'fucking shit up'. But suffice to say I'm definitely not going to miss Mr. Socko.

Russell: I'm definitely going to miss making you my bitch in basketball, taking your money in poker, and ripping you off in fantasy basketball trades. But I'm definitely not going to miss having to drive 2 hours to see your sorry ass.

Rob: I'm definitely going to miss your standard of time, ability to show up 30 seconds before the start of a baseball/softball game, and your decision making skills like chosing to put speakers in your car in lieu of a rear view mirror. But I'm definitely not going to miss your driving.

Whitney: I'm definitely going to miss your candy bowl, going to museums and sitting on every bench, and staying at your parties for five minutes. But I'm definitely not going to miss your tv.

Katie: I'm definitely going to miss the parallel list, Cafe Lalo and everything in between. But I'm definitely not going to miss your 4 story walk up.

To all my friends I'm going to miss you guys. Keep in touch!

No comments: