Tuesday, February 14, 2006

V is for Video Games

This year V isn't for Valentine's Day. It's not even for Vendetta as in that soon to be released Natalie Portman blockbuster. Rather, this year, V is for Video Games because that's what I'll be doing tonight while everyone else is out to dinner wearing that ugly home made red sweater their grandmothers gave to them for Christmas.

It's sad I know but I'm honestly so far removed from the dating scene that I didn't even realize that Valentine's day was coming up. Maybe it has been overshadowed by the Olympics and the record setting snowfall over the weekend but in general it has seemed to be a very anti-climatic holiday this year. It's kind of just snuck up on us. Although in my case it's been very anti-climaxic as well because I won't be getting any.

But that's okay with me. It can sneak up on me all it wants. The quicker it's here, the quicker it'll be over, and then I can go back to turning down hot blondes because their ankles are too chubby and not have to feel sorry for myself that I don't have a date on the biggest date night of the year.

Last year I felt differently. Last year, I throw up a hail mary on 4th and 20 from the 1 yard line going on a blind jdate just to feel like I wasn't a total loser. We went to a coffee shop, talked for a little while, and actually had a very nice time. Unfortunately, she had a birthmark in the wrong place, and I never called her back.

That's why this year I'll be playing Die Hard With a Vengeance for Playstation and saving my money for my annual post Valentine's Day trip to the therapist. Now don't go and feel sorry for me. I'm totally cool with it. After all, it's not my fault that when it comes to my love life Cupid's aim is worse than Dick Cheney's.

No comments: