Saturday, February 11, 2006

Week In Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

I've seen the site of this year's Winter Olympics written as both Turin and Torino. I guess in that regard the Olympics are a lot like Chanukah.

ESPN 1050 host and Yankee broadcaster Michael Kay had the line of the week when he said that the Olympics are overblown and that the only heritage that should matter is that we're all humans and where we're from shouldn't matter.

Add inspector gadget and Beeker from Sesame Street to the list of animated characters that I look like. They join Waldo, Harry Potter, Jimmy Neutron, Arthur the Aardvark, and Curious George.

Well it looks like the Waldrobe Malfunction this year was Mic Jagger's underarm flab.

I wonder which 'safe act' will get chosen to play the Super Bowl next year? El Divo perhaps? Or maybe it will be William Hung.

The best part about the Super Bowl were all the Lost promos.

The best part about the Super Bowl being on ABC and not NBC - getting spared all the Winter Olympic promos.

I must have a really hard time saying my own name. Whenever I say it people think I said something entirely different. They usually hear Fred. One time in a restaurant the server thought my name was Track. And earlier in the week at the gym someone thought that I said my name was Crank.

I hear the Jets are looking to hire a new salary cap guru. I'm 23 and have no experience. I would apply but I think I'm overqualified.

Is it me or is 'When a Stranger Calls' a blantant rip off of 'Scream'?

Don't you think it's ironic that there's a gambling scandal in a league whose commissioner is named Bettman?

Did you hear about ABC sportscaster Al Michaels got traded to NBC for the rights to animated cartoon character Oswald the lucky rabbit? That's got to be the biggest slap in the face of all time. That's like a baseball player literally getting traded for a bag of balls.

No comments: