Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Beauty and the Geek

The best apart about being unemployed is that you have tons of free time to search the internet. While doing so tuesday afternoon I came across a casting call for the WB's Beauty and the Geek, a show that pairs geeks like me with well beauties in a series of competitions.

Here's a copy of the email I sent to the casting agency that casts for the show:

To Whom it May Concern,

I am a 23 year old virgin who cried in the movie theatre recently while watching the 40 Year Old Virgin because I knew that in 17 years that's going to be me. My problem is that I'm terribly shy and refuse to approach girls in social settings. I probably suffer from some form of social anxiety disorder but have just never been diagnosed.

My shyness and other geek like tendencies, i.e. spending all my free time reading Harry Potter books and playing fantasy baseball also holds me back socially.

I wouldn't say I'm a geek in the true sense of the word but I do wear glasses, and have no fashion style whatsoever (I wear socks with sandals all the time). And oh yeah by the way I have way too much chest hair.

Saying that I would be perfect for the show Beauty and the Geek would be an understatement. Attached is a recent picture of me. And here is my biographical info...

- Craig

Hours later I was contacted to come in for an interview. I kid you not. I still gotta call them back but some time later this week I could be auditioning for the show. I'll keep everyone posted. Until then. Wish me luck.

No comments: