Sunday, August 07, 2005

Week in Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

I was surprised to learn that Fortunoffs only has locations in New York and New Jersey. With the way people talk about it around here you would think there would be one on every street corner in other parts of the country.

Who needs the weatherman? I can almost guarantee the weather based on what I wear to school in the morning. If I go with sweatpants it's a sure fire scorcher. If I wear shorts expect a windy, rainy day.

With as much time as we spend on computers these days we forgot how hard it is to write quickly when you're not used to it. My classes this summer, heavy in note taking, are quickly reacquainting me with my old friend, the pen.

Having fingers comes in handy when writing, eating, and looking to pick one's nose. But have we figured out a purpose yet for our toes?

I think that everytime I try to spell Brianpolooza I spell it differently.

Why is it that people can read on the train or even the bus but not in the car?

Who ever designed the streets in Boston with a rotary on every corner and one way streets like you wouldn't believe should be taken out back and shot along with the person who said that sending hand written correspondence shows a personal touch.

I think anybody who would resort to using a blow up doll in order to use the HOV lane is pretty sad. Although, the only thing that separates me from such a person is access to a blow up doll.

While in Boston I saw a parked car that had not one, not two, but three orange traffic cones crushed under it. And everyone says New York drivers are bad!

I spent about half my time this weekend looking for parking spaces in Boston which reminded me of my favorite old joke: Girls are a lot like parking spaces. All the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

On Friday night I went bar hopping with Tommy, Heidi, and Katie. At one point a completly drunken Katie lost a $20 bill in the street and went running after it like it was a winning lottery ticket. After she got it back, she asked, "did I lose anything else?" To which I replied, "not right now but you lost your dignity a long time ago!"

No comments: