Friday, August 12, 2005

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

Right now, as I sit at my desk typing this blog at 9:50 in the morning, 25 people are sitting in a tiny room the size of your kitchen at Nassau Community College getting bored to death during a lecture about the building of the Panama Canal.

I was supposed to be among those 25 people and as of two days ago I was. But then that all changed when the teacher announced a 5 page paper due in less than a week and I announced that I was dropping the class.

I wasn't running away from the assignment or taking the easy way out as my mom will lead you to believe. It's just that I had some flexibility in my schedule that would enable me to take this same course this coming fall at Queens College if i get in. Considering that dropping the class wouldn't set my timetable back at all and it would probably be less stressful to take it over a longer time period with more reasonable deadlines I decided to spend the next three weeks soul and job searching one last time. That way I could be sure once and for all that I wanted to become a teacher.

However, an interesting thing happened on the way to the introspection chamber. I got called for a job interview at my old job in the traffic department for MSG networks. I'm on my way out the door as we speak. Hopefully, the interview will go well and they'll offer me the position. Assuming they do it sure would present quite the quandry.

Would I accept the offer and call the World's Most Famous Arena my office? Or would I decide to continue on the path towards becoming a teacher?

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

Only time will tell. Speaking of time, it' 10 o'clock. My train's almost here. Gotta run.

No comments: