Friday, December 16, 2005

Fearless Football Predictions: Week 15

With no chance to catch Brian I'm now just picking for fun and to try and pick that elusive perfect week. Here's what I'm thinking on the first weekend of Saturday and Sunday games:

Patriots over Tampa Bay: The Bucaneers are a strong team and should make the playoffs as a NFC wild card team but I think the Patriots will get on a roll heading into the playoffs winning their final three games.

Chiefs over the Giants: Both teams need to win to make the playoffs but I don't like the Giants chances if MLB Antonio Pierce and some of their offensive lineman don't play.

Denver over Buffalo: Both teams will look to run the ball and both might do it successfully but in the end the Broncos are the more complete team.

Seattle over Tennessee: Fantasy owners who don't have Shaun Alexander on their team rejoice! If the Seahawks win and lock up home field advantage throughout the playoffs you could catch a break since Alexander can't beat you in your league playoffs while resting on Seattle's bench.

San Diego over Indy: I think Hernandez and I might be the only two people picking the Chargers to win. But I'm not blinded by drunken allegiance to my favorite team. I'm hedging my beat on the Chargers playing for their playoff lives and the pressure of the undefeated season getting to the Colts.

Philly over St. Louis: Philly almost beat the Giants which indicates to me that they haven't given up yet and with a lot of talent still on the defensive side of the ball this should be a close game.

Jets over Miami: Jet fans might want the team to lose but I don't think Herman Edwards does.

Pittsburgh over Minnesota: I had the Vikings winning until charges were announced against four players steaming from the boat incident, including one charge involving a sex toy that I can't talk about on this family oriented blog. But definitely ask me about it in person.

Carolina over New Orleans: The Aaron "I'm no Brian Roberts" Brooks benching guarantees the Panthers a win.

Jacksonville over San Francisco: The only intrigue is whether or not Alex Smith will complete more passes than the peanut vendor. Wait a second do they even sell peanuts at football games?

Arizona over Houston: The Cardinals suck but at least they're not trying to lose on purpose.

Cincinnatti over Detroit: It wouldn't surprise me if the Lions pulled off the upset. No, wait. It would. A lot. A whole hell of a lot. Check that. It would shock me. A lot. Okay, I'm going to go now and write a sentence longer than 4 words. Hey, I just did it. Yay, me.

Cleveland over Oakland: In a battle of backup QB's I'll take Cleveland's 'French' Frye since all guys named Frye (Channing and Charlie) are good apparently.

Washington over Dallas: Surprisingly the Redskins could still win the division and with Drew Bledsoe struggling and the game in Washington the Skins should win a close one.

Chicago over Atlanta: An injured Michael Vick against the league's best defense is not a good combination.

Greenbay over Baltimore: In Gado I trust. And I'm atheist.

No comments: