Saturday, December 17, 2005

Shames the Stockbroker

I'm a little disappointed in my friends and not because they forget about my half birthday every year. Rather I'm disappointed because recently none of them were creative enough to come up with the moniker, Shames the Stockbroker for me. Considering that I now work on Wall Street and that more trades have been going down in my fantasy basketball league than at the NASDAQ I thought someone would have dubbed me something by now.

Since they haven't I came up with Shames the Stockbroker all by myself and here's how I earned the name:

Through just the first quarter of the season, I've made seven blockbuster trades including 3 different ones with the same owner.

I've used 27 different guys.

Only three guys from my opening day team remain on my roster.

I've traded away guys and then reacquired those same guys at later dates.

I've made so many moves that no one can keep up with it. So much so that one owner recently asked me for a player that I had got ridden of three weeks earlier.

Now all of that is fine and dandy if you're just looking to make trades for the heck of it but I'm looking to do more than that. I'm looking to win the league which the team I drafted would not have been able to do. Here's a look at some of my other goals:

Set a fantasy record for most trades in a single season.

Trade away every single person I drafted. Then reacquire all of them to come full circle.

Trade with every owner at least once.

Use 50 players in one year.

Be involved in a pending transaction for two straight weeks.

And oh yeah, rub it in big time when I come all the way back to win!

No comments: