Thursday, December 15, 2005

Office Space

And no I'm not talking about that cult classic movie starring that guy who never went on to do anything else. I'm talking about how much I like my new job and the people I work with. And I'm not just saying that in case they come across this blog while googling my name during a background check. I'm saying that because today was one of the funniest days of my life.

Just like 'Meet the Parents' the day started slowly but once the hijinxs got going they never stopped. I don't even remember how it all started but eventually I let it be known that I don't own a single CD and that the only concert I've ever been to was Christina Augielera with Destiny's Child. Most people woud have been embarrased especially with all of their new co-workers looking at them like they had three heads. But not me. For the first time in two weeks I felt right at home. Which is why I then pretended to not know who the Beattles were.

As the day went on my co-workers acquired a new found appreciation for that quiet guy who types really fast, coming to learn just how quirky I really am. And they had a ball with it. You should have seen their faces when I told them that I didn't know what nationality I was and proclaimed to be a mix of 1% of everything.

As the day wore on I continued to dumbfound everyone with my stories at one point commenting that I didn't know what operating system my PC was using and getting this one guy to remark, "I don't know why I bother asking, you don't know anything." Which I took as a compliment for some strange reason.

The highlight of the day though had to have been when my friend Anthony said that I look like the kind of guy who would run for the subway and then get stuck in the doors as they close. I don't know how someone could look like that type of person but apparently I do. He then said that I look like I would be into fantasy sports. Very true. But strangely, later said that I look like I enjoy eating. Hahah. Newbies. They've got a lot to learn. They've barely just scratched the surface of my quirkiness.

No comments: