Thursday, December 29, 2005

First Annual Blog Awards

Best Article

A lot of great nominees but in the end I have to give the nod to 'Rob Roll's Guide To Being A Better Baller'. (http://imaheadcase.blogspot.com/2005/09/rob-rolls-official-guide-to-being.html) Partly because I like the title but primarily to appease Rob so that he'll set me up with some of his new girl's hot jewish friends.

Best Title

It came down to Craig Shames and the Harry Potter Comparisons, Weakened Update, and Voluntears and I'm proud to say that Harry Potter took home the gold. After all, how could an article that compares me to Arthur the Aardvark and Jimmy Neutron not win?

Best Multiple Day Post

In a landslide, the winner was the history of my life. Trust me it was more exciting than it sounds.

Best Moment

Getting republished in the Chicago Tribune and setting off a feminist firestorm. I could write every day for the rest of my life and I might never blow up nationwide like that ever again.

Best mock real life event

In a year in which I held a Spelling Bee reenactmant, NBA Draft of my friends, and mock Movie Awards presentation the clear cut winner was the Spelling Bee. The best part about that article is that Brian B. will forever be linked to chlamydia whenever someone googles his name.

Best reoccuring column

The only way really to maintain a blog on a daily basis is to have some built in features. From football picks to photo exposes there were a lot of reoccuring features but in the end it came down to Shame(s) on You, Craig's Lists, and Week In Review and the winner was Shame(s) on You. After how could a column that got syndicated (www.s39online.com) not win?

Best Comment

Anyone who resorts to posting anonymously as a hot girl just to give themselves a compliment deserves to win. That's why Brian M takes home the trophy this year in this highly competitive category.

No comments: