Sunday, December 11, 2005

Week In Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

Why are boxing matches scored 10-9. Wouldn't it be easier to just do 1-0 for each round? You either won the round or you didn't.

I don't get why they call billards pool. There's no water.

Speaking of water, I have a burning desire to use a slip and slide.

Is there anything more awkward than walking down a long hallway at work with someone you kinda know walking towards you?

I don't know what it is about working in an office but everytime I do I'm inspired to write a book, clean my room, or start my own business.

Someone at the WB sure must like aliteration after coming up with the Gilmore Girls and now the Sorelli Sisters. I know it's kinda gay that I just made that point but hey someone's gotta point out this crap.

I think I could survive an elevator freefall if I jump up right before it's about to hit the ground. That way I'd only fall 6 inches and not several dozen stories.

I find it hard to believe that no two snowflakes are alike. There's no way to prove it either way so I guess I have to take their word for it. But I seriously doubt that across the entire planet, throughout all of time, no two snowflakes have been alike. Don't they have to run out of possible combinations at some point in history?

How come a woman can refer to her friends as being her girlfriends without sounding gay but if a guy refers to his friend as his boyfriend everyone immediately assumes he's gay?

Does anyone else enjoy picking out the lint from their bellybutton as much as I do?

Chris, one of the other interns I work with, had the line of the week when talking about the World Baseball Classic he said, "I wonder if Fred McGriff is going to play for Ireland?"

They say that rugs absorb sound. So does that mean if I go bald and get a wig that I'll have a hard time hearing?

Who is this long John person I hear so much about every winter?

No comments: