Wednesday, January 18, 2006

An Eye For Talent

Before there was Keira Knightly, the hottest young actress in Hollywood, there was me staying behind in the movie theatre after watching Pirates of the Caribbean to check out who played Elizabeth Swan in the credits.

Before Ryan Dunn had his own show on MTV there was me watching Viva La Bam and commenting, 'when's Dunn gotta get his own show?" And long before Dave Chappelle was a household name there was me watching David Chappelle at Northeastern wondering how come he hadn't blown up nationwide yet.

In fact, from knowing that Heather Rauch was going to be hot to calling Brian Robert's career year I have an eye for talent that is unparalleled. Here's who my crystal ball says will blow up in 2k6. Just remember that you heard it here first:

1. WWE Wrestler Edge - I wanted to come out with this post right after New Years but my trip to Florida and my sister's wedding postponed the plans. As such, there's no proof that I legimitaley called Edge, real name Adam Copeland, would blow up this year. But knowing that I did, I'll lead off my list with the man who surprisingly won the World Heavyweight Title last week and should have a huge year as one of the WWE's top stars.

2. The Real World's Landon - It might not happen in 2006 but I have a feeling that Landon like several other Real Worlders before him could launch a successful solo Hollywood career. He won't appear on the Surreal Life like Trishelle or in Playboy like Cara. Rather I see him as the lead guy on a dating show like the Bachelor.

3. My two favorite girls - I think this could be the year that either Brittany Snow or Kristen Bell strike it big on the big screen. Snow was already seen in last summer's hit, "The Pacifier", so she has a head start on Bell but don't be surprised to see the Veronica Mars star become one herself soon enough.

4. Young MTV Talent - It seems like MTV is the new pipeline for young talent to develop their ideas. It's worked for Ashton Kutcher and the next wave of young stars to headline their own shows, with some already in the works or on the air, are Nick Cannon, Ryan Cabrera, and Laguna Beach's Kristin Cavalleri.

5. Wide World of Sports - With the Olympics coming up soon you just know that there will be a few names to emerge and wind up on the cover of Wheaties boxes. I'll reveal those in my Winter Olympics preview. Until then just remember names like Rich Harden and Brett Myers in baseball, Adam Morrison in college basketball, and DeAngelo Williams from Memphis come next football season.

Well there you have it. A whose who of future stars in 2006 and beyond. Just wondernig if it's too early to call Emma Watson and Dakota Fanning?

No comments: