Sunday, January 15, 2006

Just Married

And no I'm not talking about that really bad movie with Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy. I'm talking about my sister's wedding this weekend! It was such a wonderful winter wonderland wedding that words cannot even express how great it was. It far exceeded my expectations. The whole time went by so fast that I don't even remember half of it. But I do remember enough to fill you all in on my favorite moments:

The hotel we stayed at was a converted mansion. It had every and I mean every possible entertainment amenity you could imagine. Just to name a few there was a bar, billiards, darts, shuffleboard, foosball, bowling, racquetball, ping pong, an indoor pool, a whirlpool, sauna, massage parlor, workout rooms, hiking trails, and a patridge on a pear tree.

The best part about the hotel though was that they put out a complimentary snack spread in their waiting room complete with unlimited, all you can eat giant soft pretzels. I was in heaven.

The highlight of the pre-wedding running around was when we went to get fitted for tuxedo's on Friday at Victor Talbots. It turns out that this store was used to film that scene in Meet the Parents where Ben Stiller and Robert DiNero go to get their tuxedos and first talk about the circle of trust. Considering that Meet the Parents is one of my favorite movies it was surreal to be standing in the same store that the movie was filmed in.

At the rehearsal dinner on Friday night I gave a toast with a few stories about my sister. My favorite one was when I explained how we used to play legos together and in the same time that it took me to build a wall she had built an entire lego city complete with running water and a written constitution.

The wedding itself was the best one I've ever gone to. There was a string quartet during the ceremony, a saxophone player who played right on the dance floor in between guests, a slide show, and a great dj who played all the right songs. It was so good that I forgot that I don't like to dance.

The funniest part of the night had to have been when my mom's boss opened up the door to the outside deck and a huge gust of wind blew in and knocked all the napkins off one of the tables and onto the dance floor.

My cousin Tommy stole the show at the end of the night when he pulled off a flawless version of the worm.

You gotta appreciate the little things in life. That's why I thought the fact that my sister had my mom wrap her own gift without even knowing it on Thursday night was priceless.

My most embarassing moment of the weekend was when I was playing ping pong against one of Dan's best men and I lunged for the ball and split my pants right down the middle.

No comments: