Friday, January 06, 2006

Fearless Football Predictions: Playoff Edition

I won't say yet who I'm picking to win it all since chances are that they'll be eliminated this weekend just because I picked them. Instead I'll wait until the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Until then here's what I'm thinking:

Steelers over the Bengals: Earlier in the year I liked the idea of the Steelers beating the young Bengals and then having the Bengals come back and return the favor in the playoffs Mighty Ducks style. However, with the Steelers hotter than, um, steel I like Pittsburgh.

New England over Jacksonville: Whether it's Bryon Leftwich, David Gerrard or Johnny Unitas doesn't matter. What matters is that the Patriots are clicking at the right time and should battle the Colts in the AFC Championship Game.

Washington over Tampa Bay: The Bucs stop here as the impressive run of Cadillac Williams and Chris Simms comes to an end. But don't worry Bucaneer fans, your team will be dominant in a few more years.

Carolina over the Giants: Teams with young QB's (See Bay, Tampa) aren't going to fare well this year. Especially in the Giants case if TE Jeremy Shockey and LB Antonio Pierce don't play. Combine that with a hungry Panthers team that could make the Super Bowl and it won't be easy for the G Men.

No comments: