Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Are We Cursed?

My mom's not going to like this post but it's worth writing about just for the shear number of incidents that have occured over the last year and the eeriness of it all. Now, I'm not a big believer in curses, spells, and jinxes (although I do have a voodoo doll with all the pins in the crotch of the boyfriend of this girl that I like) but this would make a believer out of anybody.

Consider that ever since the Boston Red Sox won the World Series and ended the Curse of the Bambino the following events have happened to my family:

1. My basement floods with raw sewage.

2. My mom and Mark get into a car accident.

3. My sister's fiance gets into a car accident.

4. My sister's fiance's parents get into a car accident.

5. I get fired from Adelphi.

6. My dad gets Diabetes.

7. Mark suffers a heart attack.

8. Mark gets pneumonia.

9. Mark's mother falls and breaks her hip.

10. Our basement floods again after a week of rain.

Eery isn't it?

No comments: