Friday, October 14, 2005

Fearless Football Predictions: Week 6

Chasing 8 here's what my crystal ball is predicting:

Cowboys over the Giants - I really like the Giants offense right now, more than I even like Kelly Clarkson's music, but they never do well coming off the bye and the Cowboys looked great in destroying the Eagles last week. Bledsoe-Keyshawn rift aside, the boys are back and they're at home so I'll take a chance on them having the magic two weeks in a row.

Minnesota over Chicago - Sexcapades aside the Vikings are the better team and maybe this latest controversy will be the galvanizing force that the team needed to bring it together. In case you don't know what I'm talking about there was a sex party on a boat in Lake Michigan involving some of the Vikings' players, a couple of whores, a donkey, and a midget. At least some part of that last sentence is true.

Carolina over Detroit - Do I even have to say why?

Cincinnatti over Tennessee - Picking against the Titans usually burns me but the Bengals are America's team right now and who am I to go against America? I am worried about the ESPN Magazine cover jinx since Carson Palmer is on the cover this week but hey if the Boston Red Sox can win the World Series then the Bengals can beat the Titans in Rocky Top Tennessee.

Kansas City over Washington - Washington has to got to be the worst 3-1 team in history. They should make it two losses in a row on the road against an explosive offense that they won't be able to keep up with.

Atlanta over New Orleans - Against the Packers, the Saints, in the words of Brian Malfettone, got beat worse than a red headed step child. Against Atlanta, even without Michael Vick, they should endure another lopsided beating.

Jacksonville over Pittsburgh - I'm taking a big gamble on this one but the Jaguars looked good against the Bengals and the Steelers might be without Big Ben. It's worth the risk.

Miami over Tampa Bay - Another gamble but with Ricky Williams back and Cadillac Williams possibly out the Dolphins could steal a win in the battle for South Florida.

Baltimore over Cleveland - Baltimore's a mess and I probably should listen to Edgar Allen Poe and pick the Ravens never more but I have a good feeling about them this week with their backs against the wall.

Jets over Buffalo - The Bills defense is banged up and the Jets are playing well with Vinny Testaverde giving them new hope of salvaging their season. Should come down to a late field goal though.

New England over Denver - The Pats are vulnerable but the Broncos don't match up well with them and NE should be able to find a way to win. Plus my sister's fianance is in town this weekend so I kind of have to pick them.

Chargers over Da Raiders - My new favorite team, the Chargers, should win in a shootout. That's right Hernandez I have come over to the dark side.

Seattle over Houston - The Seahawks are so inconsistent that this could be the spot where the Texans pick up their first win. A more likely scenario: Shaun Alexander scores like 9 tds.

Indy over the Rams - Great game. Lots of points. Colts thrive in these kind of games.

No comments: