Thursday, October 27, 2005

What Should I Hallo-wear?

There are only three guarantees in life: death, taxes, and my inability to come up with a Halloween costume idea each year.

Usually my ineptitude prevents me from even getting into the Halloween spirit or going to costume parties since no one other than Russell buys it when I tell them that I'm going as John Carpenter from Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

That's why this year I'm determined to come up with a good costume. Here are some of my ideas:

1. Johnny Depp from Pirates of the Caribbean - it's fitting since it's my favorite movie of all time and going as Kiera Knightley would just be weird. Plus my corset is in the wash. But knowing me I wouldn't be able to pull the look off and would instead come across looking like that pirate wannabe from Dodgeball.

2. Harry Potter or any other animinated/fictional character I get compared to: Going on Halloween as somone you look like is a way for your life to come full cycle. Which is why I told Brian M. to go as Ralph Macchio from the Karate Kid or as Ross from Friends. But I'm not sure I want to go to a party wearing the same thing as millions of 8 year olds.

3. Alex Rodriguez - I could get an AROD jersey and pull off the look rather easily but I don't want to spend the whole night with my hands around my neck.

Any other suggestions?

No comments: