Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween Happenings

After going out in NYC during Halloween weekend for the first time on Saturday night my sentiments about the holiday have changed. Earlier in the week I hated the holiday mostly because I hated the idea of getting dressed up and making a complete ass out of myself.

Not that I mind the attention. Trust me, I crave attention. I just mind feeling stupid which is exactly how I would have felt if I had worn some of the costumes I had considered. As it were I went as a construction worker and still felt pretty stupid. I had also worried about being around so many drunken assclowns who would be out just looking for trouble.

However, my uneasiness was quickly overshadowed by the good mood that all the eye candy put me in. After seeing dozens of girls wearing skimpy schoolgirl, angel, devil, cop, and nurse outfits, Halloween, it's safe to say, is my new favorite holiday. Just so long as I don't have to wear any silly costumes. Which kind of makes Halloween a lot like a nude beach. You'd go just as long as you don't have to join in.

Other Halloween thoughts:

When did it become a week long holiday? This year since it fell on a Monday you had people going out on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. What's up with that?

When did it become so cool? It has clearly replaced New Year's Eve as the party event of the year.

When did we get too old to trick or treat? Was it going into 7th grade? Into high school? Into college? Can anybody pin point the age?

Why don't homeless people go trick or treating? Isn't it a way for them to get free food?

One of the most creative costumes I've ever seen had to have been Russell going as upside down man. It stole the show at this party on Saturday night. (Pictures coming soon)

Best family costume: The Incredibles.

No comments: