Thursday, April 20, 2006

Even More Twilight Zone Stuff

Okay, now I'm really starting to get freaked out. Pretty much whatever I think about, talk about, or dream about comes to fruition in some way, shape, or form. Last night and this morning it happened again.

I'll start with what happened last night. My friend from my old softball team sent me a link from mlb.com saying that the Yankees were talking about trading outfielder Gary Sheffield to the Marlins for starting pitcher Dontrelle Willis. It was only a practical joke but he really had me going because I talked about the merits of that trade for a good ten minutes before clicking on the link.

I discussed the trade in depth because after watching the game on espn earlier in the day and hearing the announcers talk about how Sheffield didn't seem interested in playing defense I thought to myself that the Yankees would be better off trading him for more pitching. That way they could shore up their defense, move Giambi to the #3 hole and go lefty, right, lefty with him, AROD, and Matsui in succession in the batting order. So obviously after thinking about that during the day when you hear later that night, albeit for a joke, that Sheffield is getting traded it's pretty eery.

I mean what are the chances that I would get pranked by my friend on the one day that I thought about Sheffield getting traded? And what are the odds that he would use Sheffield as the subject of the trade when on any other day he could have picked any other player? In fact, the prank only worked as well as it did because I clicked on the link thinking that it actually could have happened since I had indeed just thought about it. Apparently, my thinking about something doesn't mean that it will come true just that it will appear in another medium. I.e. if I think about getting a job I won't get one I'll just see an ad in the paper for a career fair.

Then as if that Sheffield prank wasn't enough I had a dream last night that I was on Jeopardy. I probably dreamt about it because right before I went to bed I was thinking about how I applied to be on the show a while ago but hadn't heard anything back yet. Anyway, that's not the eery part. The eery part is that the final Jeopardy answer was Chris O'Donnell. I remember that because I actually called out Chris O'Donnell's name. If anyone had been in the room with me they would have thought I was having a wet dream with Chris O'Donnell so let's just say it's a good thing that I'm not in college anymore.

Anyway, point being is that I dreamnt about Chris O'Donnell and then when I woke up and put the television on there he was. O'Donnell in the Three Musketeers. What are the chances that of all the channels to leave the tv set to I would leave it set to the one movie channel that would be playing a Chris O'Donnell movie the next morning at the exact time that I would be waking up? And I didn't even wake up when I was supposed to because I overslept. So the fact that I still wound up seeing that movie at that exact instance had to be attributed to another factor. Which in this case was my computer. You see, on most mornings I don't put on the tv upon waking up because I go straight to my computer to check my email and fantasy teams. Today though my computer was rebooted for automatic updates and so I had to wait for it to turn on. While doing so I put on the tv and saw what I was meant to see.

So, can anyone logically explain to me how it was that I overslept and still saw what they wanted me to since my computer now had to be restarted? You see, this isn't just coincidence anymore. This is an elaborate series of events that have to take place in order for something to happen just exactly the way that it's supposed to. I have no idea why things that I'm thinking about are coming true but I have a theory. And that is that these things have been taking place to get my attention. To put me in tune with the fact that I have the ability to see the future. That way when I later dream about the President getting assasinated or something along those lines I won't just dismiss my vision as a dream, I'll actually think it's real and try to stop it thereby saving the world. Now what say you to that?

No comments: