Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Twilight Zone Returns

Do you remember a few weeks ago when I blogged about how I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone because everything I talked about at work I later read about in the newspapers? Well, it's happening again but this time it's not about what I've been reading in the papers or talking about at work.

This time it's about what I've been thinking about. Case in point: Tuesday night while studying for my social studies area exam I was reading about the domino theory that the U.S. practiced to prevent the spread of communism in Europe. As I read about it I started to daydream that when teaching this theory to my students undoubtedly there would be someone who would ask what a domino was. So I dreamt that I would bring in dominos and create an elaborate set up in which they would fall in succession including several spots where they would fall off of ledges and keep going.

Anyway, later that night I was watching tv and settled on HBO to watch Robots. And of course there was an elaborate domino scene that including dominos falling off of ledges. That sealed the deal for me. I mean how many movies have elaborate domino scenes? Other than V for Vendetta I can't think of any other one. And yet as fate would have it I saw the only one on the same night I daydreamed about them.

Now apparently anything that I think of I see later on in tv. Between newspapers and tvs it's almost as if I have the ability to see things before they happen. Although if that truly was the case I should just think about getting a job and then maybe I would get one.

No comments: