Saturday, April 29, 2006

Week In Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

Why would Delta keep it's name brand which was losing money and get rid of Song which was actually profitable? That makes about as much sense as having a lock on the door at 7-11.

Why is it called Madison Square Garden if the building is round?

Even more reason to love Natalie Portman. According to Stuff Magazine she once dropped $10,000 on her boyfriend at Scores. I guess she was doing research for her role in Closer.

Rob Rathbun had the line of the week when in response to me getting Manny Ramirez in a trade for two scrubs he said, "who'd you trade with? Terry Schaivo?"

What's up with Sharmin Ultra and other two ply toilet paper? They make it sound so great saying that you are getting the equivalent of 12 rolls for a six pack since there's so much more of it. But if you think about it that's just clever marketing. In actuality it goes twice as fast!

I'm surprised that someone in South Florida hasn't come up with the nickname Sun Sentanal for the newspaper the Sun Sentinel since it stinks so much.

Even more proof that I'm living in the Twilight Zone: Wednesday night I talked with Brian about House. He said I would like the show and I argued that I wouldn't because I hate Hugh Laurie. Then on Thursday in the gas station I saw on the newstand the cover of TV Guide with Hugh Laurie on it. And that's not even the weird part. The weird part is that the headline read, "The man you love to hate." Come on now. It's starting to get really weird.

Speaking of weird. You might think it's weird that I still have a Mr. Potatoe head doll in my room. What's weirder though is that the other day when getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night I tried to put on his glasses because I thought they were my own. Man, I really need to get a night light.

What's up with Vernon Davis crying on draft day? This is a 6 foot 3, 340 pound man beast who set bench press records at Maryland, declared himself the best tight end in the NFL before he even played one snap, and told the Jets that they would be stupid for passing him up. And then he goes out and cries on draft day! What a little bitch. I think that if you cry during the draft you shouldn't be allow to play in the NFL.

No comments: