Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shames on Shames: Complaining

Barry Bonds isn't the only person who can have his own platform from where he self promotes and gives his side of the story. Thanks to blogger.com now I can have my own forum as well. Which is why all week long I'll be giving you all a rare introspective look at my inner thoughts as only I can. It's everything you ever wanted to know about Craig Shames from the man himself.

Up today, Shames on complaining:

A lot of people seem to be of the opinion that I'm a complainer. That I host more whine and cheese parties than a rich yuppie on the Upper West Side of New York. That I bitch more than a woman on her wedding day. That I'm more annoying than a conversation between Gilbert Godfrey and Fran Drescher. And yet I beg to differ.

I don't even think that what I do can be considered complaining. Is complaining speaking your mind? Is it refusing to accept mediocrity? Is it making suggestions for improving your way of life? I don't think so. That's not complaining. Complaining is when you just say something negative and don't do anything about it. Like saying, 'I'm cold' when all you had to do was put on a scarf or make a hot chocolate. What I do is say things like 'I'm cold' and then pick up and move to Florida. I don't accept the fact that I have to be cold the rest of my life just because it's apart of my living conditions. If I'm not happy I make changes. And yet I'm labeled a complainer and that's wrong. It's only complaining if you don't do anything about it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't care about the way things are, the way things were, or the way things are supposed to be. I only care about one thing and one thing only. And that's making things better. It's why I have a list of ideas and suggestions for society that I hope to one day publish. It's why I analyze anything and question everything. And it's why I'm going to accomplish more in my life than anyone gives me credit for.

After all, just because I eat everything plain doesn't mean that I'm also a complainer.

No comments: