Sunday, April 09, 2006

Girlfriend of the Week: Giada

Now that I'm on my own it's going to be a struggle for me to learn how to cook. Like most men I can heat things up in the microwave, use the toaster, or boil pasta in a pot. However, you won't see my hosting holiday dinners or preparting gourmet meals anytime soon. But that's okay.

You see, there's a big difference between learning how to cook for yourself and learning how to cook for others. Not to be selfish but I have no desire to learn how to make a tuna caserole since that's not something that I eat. I really just want to learn how to BBQ, make pancakes, and chicken cutlets and maybe a few more things. But other than those choice meals the rest of my calorie intake is probably going to come from my close friends at Pizzatime, McDonalds, and KFC. Which is okay by me as long as it's not an everyday occurence.

Since I'm so lazy it's hard for me to have the energy/desire to cook on a daily basis. Picking up fast food is the easy way out most nights. But that's not the long term answer. I need to learn how to cook in order to impress the ladies. And for that I need a teacher. And who better to teach me than the lovely Giada DeLaurentis who is currently hosting the food network show 'Everyday Italian'. If she was showing me how to cook I would be all ears. All corn ears that is.

No comments: