Sunday, April 16, 2006

Girlfriend of the Week: Natalie Portman

For the first time ever we have a repeat girlfriend of the week. Fittingly it's one of my all time favorites, Natalie Portman. This time Ms. Portman gets selected in honor of her role as Evey in V for Vendetta which I finally saw after a month of trying.

First I got lost on the way to the theatre with Russell in New York. Then I got a flat tire in Virginia when I wanted to be in South Carolina by 5 pm in order to watch it that night during my road trip. After arriving in Florida, I learned that my roommate had already seen it. Dismayed but not detered I finally just sucked up it and went by myself on a random Tuesday night at 10 pm, while sick with a cold, just to finally see the damn thing.

And it was well worth it. If nothing else, just to see Natalie with a shaved head and think to myself, 'yeah, I still would.'

No comments: