Monday, April 24, 2006

Mish Mosh Day

I've got a lot of loose ends to tie up today so here's a look at several random topics that I have to sound off on:

Final NBA Playoff Picks

Last week I predicted the first round matchups. This week I'm going to finish up the rest of the brackets. In the Eastern Conference it's going to be the Heat and the Nets squaring off in round 2. The Heat will win a seven game nail bitter after Vince Carter goes 10 of 75 in game 7. In the other matchup the Pistons will knock of Lebron and the Cavaliers setting up a Heat/Pistons rematch that the Pistons will win in six games.

Over in the Western Conference the Spurs and Mavericks will meet in an epic seven game quarter final matchup that really should have been saved for the conference final. The Spurs will advance and take on the Suns who will easily blow by the Clippers. The Spurs will then knock out the Suns in 5 to set up a finals rematch of last year. So basically, both conference finals and the nba finals will all be rematches of last year.

NHL Playoff Predictions

I think I have a better shot at getting laid tonight then I do at predicting the NHL playoffs since I haven't seen a NHL game all year. All I'm going to say is that the Stanley Cup champions will come out of the Eastern Conference so I think that New Jersey, Ottawa, and Carolina all have a shot at winning.

Thoughts on the Social Science 6-12 Test

Hardest test ever. The specificity of the questions and randomness of the material made me think that I was taking the SAT's or an AP History test. It certainly wasn't a middle school level test that's for sure.

Now I would be okay with taking a test that was hard as long as it was fair. And I don't think that all of the questions on this test were reasonable. They asked some far fetched things. I'm talking about expecting us to know names of Indian chiefs, Renaissance painters, and state senators from the 1800's.

I probably didn't pass and don't think that many college professor could have passed either. Which begs the question: if they are such in desperate need for teachers why do they make it so hard to become one?

No comments: