Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Dog Days of Summer

Being unemployed and all, I've spent a lot of time with my dog Rocky the last couple of months and with the summer winding down I thought I would take the time to mention some things that I've observed about him. Enjoy.

1. Does he like sleeping in his "house" i.e. his cage. Or if given his druthers would he sleep on the couch?

2. Does he know he's a dog? Or does he think he's something else?

3. When he barks to another dog are they actually talking coherently to each other or are they just making loud noises in the direction of one another like in that scene from Anchorman?

4. Does he mind going to the bathroom with somebody watching? I know I can't go at a urinal when someone's nearby. Does he feel the same way?

5. When he sees me wake up at 2 pm does he think to himself, 'what a lazy piece of shit'?

6. If I go out and leave the tv on for him would he have a preference of what channel to watch? He's gotta prefer me leaving sportscenter on as opposed to Mark leaving the history channel on.

7. Does he worry about something being unsanitary before he picks it up and puts it into his mouth? Probably not since he's always chewing on my dirty socks but you never know.

8. If he could speak to us what would he say?

9. Does he mind always walking around on a leash? Does he feel like his civil rights are being violated?

10. Does he think about one day reuniting with his biological mother and father and other siblings? Or does he really think he's one of us?

No comments: