Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Validation!

Almost everything I do is unorthodox and unconventional so whenever anybody agrees with me it's big news. As such, I've been estatic lately because seemingly everybody has been agreeing with me.

First off, in last week's Esquire there was a column called the Indefensible Position in which the writer A.J. Jacobs details why men should watch the Gilmore Girls! Here's the lead from that article:

'I KNOW THAT professing my love for Gilmore Girls is a bit like saying that I just went to a really super scrapbooking workshop. It's just not something straight adult males are supposed to say. I mean, the show has a Carole King theme song, for God's sake. Sally Struthers plays a recurring character. Doesn't matter. I love it, and you should, too.'

Boy is that a load off my back. Then Sunday night at the Emmy's, Lost won for best show! Now that's what I'm talking about. Where were all you Emmy voters last fall when I was raving about it? Way to jump on the bandwagon now that it has surpassed SeaQuest DSV as the greatest sci fi show of all time!

Then as if things couldn't get any better the Washington Redskins score two touchdowns in the final four minutes of last night's game against the Dallas Cowboys pulling off the upset and validating my claim to Brian that the Cowboys were not the smart pick in his survival pool because they were no sure thing over the 'Skins. Wooo!

Now if I can just get someone to agree with me that wearing socks with sandals is fashionable I might be on to something.

No comments: