Saturday, September 17, 2005

Week in Review

Random thoughts from the last week:

I still don't get why no one has showed any interest in me on Jdate. It's usually after they meet me that they lose interest. But they're supposed to have it originally based on my looks and what I said in my profile.

They say that the hardest thing to do in all of sports is to hit a baseball. Conversely the hardest thing to do in all of fandom is to watch a baseball game thats on a mini tv at the bar on the other side of the restaurant from where you're sitting during dinner with your relatives.

What's the deal with restaurants that serve family style? If I wanted to eat the same thing that everyone else was eating I would have stayed home, made chicken cutlets and angel hair pasta, and saved $300 in the process.

Why does the beach shut down after Labor Day? Shouldn't it shut down once it starts to get too cold to go to the beach?

I heard that the Price is Right got in trouble for airing a rerun with a showcase showdown prize giveaway that was a trip to New Orleans. Well the other day I saw a similar prize on America's Funniest Home Videos but nobody said anything about that. Then I realized that's because nobody watches that show.

I finally think that I can admit that I've gone overboard with fantasy sports. Sure having 20 teams in a given sport is fun and even manageable. But with the overlap going on right now between the end of baseball and the start of football it's getting impossible to check 40 + teams.

Brian Berkowicz had the line of the week when talking about my chances of getting emailed back on jdate he said, "telemarketers actually have better odds than me."

Is it me or have the temperatures in the frozen food aisles at grocery stores gotten ridiciliously cold? I know you have to keep the stuff refrigerated but the other day I saw a penguin waddling town aisle 9. Somehow I don't think it's supposed to be that cold.

My favorite thing to do is watch when two people converge on the same spot coming from opposite directions. They're both trying to get out of the way of each other and just wind up continuously blocking each other. It's great.

If you knew someone who had a unabrow would you be friends with them or would it just be too difficult?

Where exactly is West Bumblefuck?

Why does construction have to start at the ass crack of dawn? What's wrong with starting once everyone is awake?

I'm such a typical American. Tuesday were my local town elections but rather than vote I went to the mall.

No comments: