Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What's Up With Jdate?

If there was ever anyone worthy of being the poster child for internet dating it would be yours truly. I hate going out and when I do I'm too shy to actually talk to those few people that actually pass through my ridicilously high standards.

I don't think it's a crime to want to be with a girl that's disproportionately hotter than me. I know I should be settling for the girl that sits next to me in math class. But I want to go for the captain of the cheerleading squad.

That's why online dating is good for me. I can look at people's profiles and only talk to those girls that I have absolutely no chance with. Saves a lot of time in the long run.

The only problem is that things haven't been working out for me so far. I've been a member in the past and only wound up going on one date. I recently rejoined and since doing so have sent out maybe 30 emails in the last three days. Of those I have heard back from exactly zero so far.

What's up with that? Are people just not checking their email accounts? Are they no longer paying members and therefore don't have access to them? Or are they just getting scared away when they see that my screen name has the word headcase in it?

Who knows? All I know is that these girls better come to their senses. That elusive great Jewish guy that's so hard to find is right under their noses.

Well sort of. I'm hardly Jewish nor great. But still. I'm right here. And as Brian always says the first girl that kisses me gets to marry me. So what are you all waiting for? Reply to sender already!

No comments: