Friday, September 23, 2005

Football Picks: Week Three

I'm not off to a great start but believe me I'll get it right this week. Here are my week three picks:

Buffalo over Atlanta - Both teams are 1-1 and normally I'd take the Falcons to come out on top but with Michael Vick banged up I can't risk picking the Falcons and having Matt 'Stump the' Schuab come on as the QB. Plus the Bills have "Watcha talkin' 'bout Willis' McGahee whose looking to bounce back after a poor performance in week 2.

Cincinnati over Chicago - Chicago surprised me last week destroying the Detroit Lions worse than the Gamers destroyed the Toasted Heads. But this is Cincinnatti we're talking about and you can't go against the Carson Palmer-Chad Johnson combination. After all, Johnson is like 7-11, he's always open.

Tampa Bay over Green Bay - I love the Battle of the Bays as much as the next guy. Unless of course the next guy is Pirates outfielder Jason Bay. Then he probably likes it more than me. Nonetheless, it's a great matchup with T.B. and the franchise, Cadillac Williams, coming out on top.

Indy over Cleveland - Peyton Manning has gotten off to a slow start so I'm sure he's licking his lips at the thought of his matchup. Expect Manning to throw for 300 yards by halftime and take the second half off. The surprising Colts D could pitch another shut out.

St. Louis over Tennessee - If this game is in Tennessee I might be inclined to take the Titans but I just don't think that they have the offense to keep up with the Rams in their home debut. Expect a big day for RB Steven Jackson and WR Torry Holt.

Carolina over Miami - Any team that beats the Patriots so convincingly has got to be taken seriously. They should easily handle the overrated Dolphins.

New Orleans over Minnesota - If theYikes were playing any other team I might be inclined to take them and hope QB Daunte Culpepper breaks out of his massive 0 td/8 int slump. But with WR Nate Burelson potentially out of the lineup and the Saints playing with destiny I gotta take the boys from the bayou.

Jaguars over the Jets - Battle of the banged up teams. Jags could be without QB Byron Leftich and have alreayd lost their big play making safety Darius. But the Jets might be without Curtis 'my favorite' Martin and are stuck with Chad 'I throw like a girl' Pennington.

Philly over Oakland - The Raiders might start out 0-3 but they've played a tough scheulde opening with the Chiefs, Patriots, and Eagles. They're better than 0-3 but will have that record heading into week 4 nonetheless.

Dallas over San Fran - The Cowboys will look to bounce back from their heart breaking loss on MNF to the Redskins. Plus the 49ers are god awful having lost to the Eagles by 40+ points last week. Kind of makes you wonder how they ever beat the Rams.

Seattle over Arizona - I could very well see Arizona winning but I'm hesistant to bet on the inconsistency and poor clock management of QB Kurt Warner. Plus Seattle really looked to click on offense last week.

New England over Pittsburgh - A tough game to call. Pittsburgh has looked great the first two weeks but I can't see the Pats losing two weeks in a row. They were able to shut down the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game last year and this Steelers team isn't as good as that one. Should be a great game though.

Chargers over the Giants - The Giants are 2-0 and the Chargers are 0-2. I'm not sure which one is more surprising. Expect the Chargers to come out fired up to prove Eli Manning wrong for not wanting to play there.

Kansas City over Denver - K.C.'s offense looks unstoppable and Denver's D doesn't look like it can stop anyone. Not a good combination. KC in a blow out featuring a Dante Hall kickoff return for a touchdown.

No comments: