Friday, September 09, 2005

Fall Softball Preview

Here's a preview of the coming softball season as it appeared on gamers all access. Enjoy.

Baldwin, NY - After falling short of winning the division championship each of their first two seasons in ABA, the Gamers aren't taking any more chances. Come this fall they might have their best team yet having combined players from last fall's team, this summer's team, and the Swingers. On paper the roster looks like a who's who of ABA all stars.

Gamers manager William Bezouska said, " I get a chubby just thinking about the collection of talent I have assembled. I mean, come on, have you ever seen a team this good?"

Well the 1923 New York Yankees come to mind but I think Bezouska's point is well taken. This team is going to be hard to beat. Just look at their Texas Rangers like infield with Anthony Vega at third, Rob Roll at shortstop, Rob Rathbun at second base, and Ian Zeigler at first base.

Throw in solid two way outfielders who play gold glove caliber defense and hit the cover off the ball in Scott Zimmerman, Scott Goldsmith, Brian Malfettone, and Dave Roll and it may not be long before the other teams in the division are complaining to ABA that the Gamers should really be an A level team.

And that's without even mentioning pitchers Craig Shames and Zac Nicholson and Dh's Dave Kheel, Mike Riker and Johnny Vasquez. Top to bottom, 1-14 this team is stacked. No other team can boast a #12 hitter in Dave Roll who could be hitting clean up for most teams.The only problem is that in assembling a team this good, Bezouska forgot to leave a spot for himself.

"I was wondering about that," newly re-acquired slugger Ian Zeigler said after hearing that Bezouska will be sitting on the bench. He added, "I remember thinking to myself that the Gamers already had close to a full team. But then Billy kept calling me, asking me for Riker's #, my cousin's #, Mark's #, etc. I was like, damn, how many people are going to be on this team?"

"I guess I got carried away," Bezouska said while rummaging through the dumpster behind Play It Again Sports looking for softballs. "But you gotta admit, we are gonna be freakin' awesome."

No comments: