Friday, September 30, 2005

Fearless Football Predictions: Week 4

I picked up a game last week on Brian thanks to the Chargers destroying the Giants. This week I should dominate even more than USC would if they were to play Nassau Community College in an out of conference game.

Buffalo over New Orleans - The glass slipper seems to have finally fallen off for the Saints who after upsetting the Panthers in week one have looked like shit ever since. Buffalo's off to a slow start too but they'll get better as QB J.P. Losman gets more comfortable.

Jacksonville over Denver - I'm actually tempted to take the Broncos after seeing how they dismantled the Chiefs on MNF. Instead I'll hope that Brian does and I'll take the Jags at home.

Tampa Bay over Detroit - So much for being a dark horse team. Instead the Lions are just awful as usual. Tampa Bay's been the surprise of the season so far. At some point Cadillac Williams will need a change up but until then Bucs all the way.

Cincinnati over Houston - The Bengals at 4-0? Never thought I'd see that. But these aren't your mothers Bengals. They're Chad Johnsons. And there's no going back now.

Indy over the Titans - I tempted to refer to this game as the Clash of the Titans since it's literally the Titans versus the figurative Titans of the NFL, the undefeated Colts. But I won't. Oops too late.

Philly over KC - McNabb's injured sternum scares me as does David Aker's injured hammy but not enough to pick inconsistent KC over them. A win by KC wouldn't surprise me though.

SD over N.E. - This may surprise you but the losses of Matt Light, Kevin Faulk and Rodney Harrison might finally be too much to overcome for the Pats. Plus I just have a really good feeling about the Chargers with LT and AG blowing up.

Seattle over Washington - Seattle's always inconsistent which I guess actually makes them consistent. I can see them dropping a stinker in DC but something about the way Shaun Alexander is running the ball makes me doubt that.

Giants over St. Louis - With Eli Manning playing so well the Giants have the offense to match the Rams and a better D to stop the Rams Greatest Show on Turf. Plus there are rumors that WR Isaac Bruce won't be playing.

Jets over Baltimore - The entire free world is going to be picking the Ravens since the Jets are starting Brooks Bollinger at QB. That's exactly why I'm picking the Jets. I just gotta be different.

Oakland over Dallas - The Raiders are the best 0-3 team in the NFL and playing at home will help them finally pick up their first W.

Atlanta over Minnesota - Minny's offense might finally be coming around but Atlanta at home is tough to argue with. Michael Vick's health is a concern but I think their defense and running game will be the difference here.

San Fran over Arizona - I can't believe I'm actually picking the 49ers to win after previously predicting they'd be 0-16. But they're fiestier than I expected and the Cardinals are very much so still the Cardinals.

Carolina over Green Bay - How many more winless weeks until Brett Farve retires mid season?

No comments: