Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Fall TV Preview

When you're unemployed like me you find yourself watching a lot of t.v. Normally that would be the Yankees game but with as poorly as they've been playing this year they're usually getting blown out by the fourth inning and I'm free to watch something else. The question that remains is what is it that I'll be watching. And the answer varies from day to day. Here's a look at what I'll be watching this coming fall and what you should too:

Mondays - It doesn't even matter what sitcoms or dramas are coming out on the major networks because the words Fall and Monday can only mean one thing: Monday Night Football. I also hear some show named 24 is pretty good.

Tuesday - This used to be WB night with double barrell action of the Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill. (Which may I add I watch for Alexis Bledel and Sophia Bush and not because I still wish I was back in high school like Billy would have you believe). Anyway OTH moves to Wednesdays and now there's a big void at 9 pm. Supernatural looks intriguing but will probably bomb. After that you're guess is as good as mine until the Real World comes on at 10 on MTV.

Wednesday - By far the best night on television. One Tree Hill is going to be tempting but there's no way I can turn away from ABC. Their new show 'Invasion' looks really good and my favorite show of all time, Lost, follows that. This is clearly must see tv.

Thursday - If you're name is Whitney you're watching American's Next Top Model. If you're anybody else you're probably watching some crappy sitcoms on NBC. 'My Name Is Earl' looks promosing but I'm not in a rush to see it. Heck I'm not even sure if it's airing on Thursdays. I'm just using this space to talk about it because I have no clue what else is on other than Will and Grace which I'm afraid to watch because I'm not that comfortable with my sexuality. Where's Seinfeld when you need it?

Friday - Am I too old to admit I still like to watch TGIF on ABC? If I am who cares. It's either that or one of the seven CSI or Law and Order versions. Seriously how many shows repackaged in different ways can you possibly have? Soon they're going to need a crime scene investigation team to investigate what happened to their ratings. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

Saturday - The networks assume everyone's out trying to get laid so they never put anything good on Saturday nights. You usually have to wait until 11:30 rolls around so you can watch SNL and make fun of how bad it is.

Sunday - The second best night on t.v. after Wednesday. Entourage is in repeats but MTV's Sunday Night Stew is always entertaining with shows like Viva La Bam and Pimp My Ride. Fox has animation domination with shows like Family Guy and the Simpsons. Meanwhile, girls, guys whipped by their girlfriends, and me will probably also check out Desperate Housewives.

No comments: