Friday, September 02, 2005

More Katrina Thoughts

So last night I dreamt that I was caught looting Big Pretzels. Just goes to show how much this disaster has affected me as well as how much I like Big Pretzels. Damn, they're good. But I digress. I wanted to talk some more about the relief efforts. Here are some more of my random thoughts about the worst natural disaster in our nation's history:

I think the people who will benefit the most from this are the people that were homeless before this disaster. Now everyone's in the same boat. Now everyone's homeless. There's no way to differentiate between who was homeless before and who is now. Now everyone will be lumped together as refugess and cared for, assuming they can get out of the affected areas. In an ideal situation the people who were homeless before will come out of this better than they went into it and that's some good news at least.

What's the point of President Bush doing a walk through of the affected areas? I get it. He wants to look like he's doing something. But here's a thought. You will look like you're being more productive if you were locked away in a room all day. That way you could say hey I'm too busy to talk to the press or make public appearances because I'm coordinating the relief efforts. Meanwhile he could be playing XBox and we'll never be the wiser.

Jokes at this time are just completely inappropriate. I heard that Booker from KROCK said that the worst part about this is that there's not going to be a place anymore to make girls gone wild videos. No Booker the worst part about this is all of the people starving to death on national tv.

I also don't think that they should try to rebuild New Orleans. They should say that they will to keep up hope and morale. But in all praticality in doesn't seem plausible or even logistically possible. I'm not even sure if they'll ever be able to get the water out.

Just wondering but where do the reporters and national guard troops get their food, water, and shelter during a crisis?

If you national weather service knew the hurricane was coming how come the Bush administration didn't?

I would say that I'm 75% sure that I now want to join FEMA or another disaster relief agency. I think I may have finally found my calling.

No comments: