Thursday, September 22, 2005

Raging Rita

I would blog about what the hell happened on Lost last night but I'm too shocked by the development of yet another massive Hurricane heading towards the Gulf Coast.

As if Katrina wasn't bad enough now those very same people who fled New Orleans to take shelter in Texas are now in the path of a Category 5 storm. Katrina was only a cat 4. I can't get over how unbelievably ironic that is. It's as if no matter where these people go the Hurricane is going to find them. And I don't even believe in all that destiny crap. But this is making me wonder that maybe mother nature has it out for these people.

The most alarming thing about all this is that this could become a regular occurence. Global warming may have created a man made phenomeon where the warm waters over the Gulf Coast feed category 4 and 5 hurricanes one after another after another. Which begs the question: Is this a historic series of storms that will never be matched again? Or is the Gulf Coast going to get ravaged every year from now on?

I'm not sure but for some reason I have a burning desire to go watch the Day After Tomorrow. But I can't. I have too much to do. Including packing my bags for an extended road trip. That's right, I'm thinking of going to the Gulf Coast to assist in the recovery process if this is another massive disaster. I just don't think the same people can go through all that again.

Nah who am I kidding. I can't go anywhere. I have to be here to play softball on Sundays.

No comments: